CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Wild Goose Chase!

I've been on this wild goose chase all day like a damn buffoon! I'm so pissed I could spit. Bottom line, after driving around like a moron for an hour and a half to find the unemployment office, it turns out to be right around the corner. Literally!

How could someone with a documented excellent sense of direction and a reputation to uphold let something so plebeian as the location of a government office beat her, you ask? It would be hard to do, but google maps gave me completely and totally wrong directions. It basically might as well have sent me through the stargate to a parallel dimension, because there is no way in hell those directions were correct. They took me out of town, goddammit!

So I get to the office, sign in, and prepare to wait and to be patronized. Nope, not me. As a big dunce cap finale, the receptionist informs me that filing for benefits is now done by phone. She gives me a card with a phone number and goes back to typing and answering the phone. Class dismissed!

So basically life is giving me a swift kick in the pants, and I don't know what for. That which does not kill us makes us stronger, right?

0 comments: