CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 5, 2007

Boredom Christening

What a time for me to decide to start blogging again, eh?

Let me start out how I mean to finish -- honestly. I'm only writing in this freaking blog because I am dreading going back to this novel manuscript that I started last week. I'm officially competing in NaNoWriMo, but this is really an attempt to break the dam on my creativity.

What it's about: it's about me stopping the meandering madness that I've been infected with, just stopping the erratic movements and standing still and saying enough. I've wanted to be a writer for years now, and I know that I can do it -- that I have the talent and the drive. No more moving where ever, doing whatever. From now on, my moves will be filled with purpose. So it's back to New Orleans!

Two years after Katrina and now I realize that I've only just now made a major breakthrough. And after all the agony of indecision, it's this, it's full circle. Don't tell me God doesn't have a sense of humor.

So let me tell you about my novel (the irony of writing about what I am supposed to be writing about does not escape me).... or maybe I'll save that for the next post. Suddenly I am feeling confident again!

0 comments: