CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year?

My, my... look at the date. It's 2009 already. We've arrived. I should have put up a post @ 12:01 am on January 1st. I didn't. I should be writing with a boundless spirit of enthusiasm. I'm not. Am I the only feeling like the year hasn't really started yet? I mean, what's really changed here?

I guess I should record this year's goals for posterity. These are NOT to be confused with "New Year's Resolutions", which by rote are categorically doomed to failure in my life. In fact, far from feeling a sense of airy hope, I am feeling the blunt pressure to complete my task, full stop. I CANNOT AFFORD TO FAIL. I CANNOT AFFORD TO FALTER. I MUST NOT and WILL NOT.

1) Push toward weight loss goal unceasingly. I am dedicated the entire year to this.
2) Run Crescent City Classic this year. That means training from now until April.
3) Get certified to teach Zumba.
4) Finish novel. Revise/edit novel. Shop novel.
5) Find job. Get out of debt (except for student loans).
6) Grow out my hair napturally. Mix homemade products. Keep up hair blog. I have a separate, more detailed list of goals there.

Whoop there it is.

0 comments: